Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Todays horrorscope

"Pay attention to what you're saying. Is there another way to communicate what you truly mean?"

Are the stars really to blame with my inability to communicate effectively the past few days? I cannot seem to get words out of my mouth to save my life, and when I do, not much sense they make. And eegads, today I am running a meeting to research the upscale process for my shiny, happy project. I was picked to oversee this endeavor, and am very stoked to have been selected. However, if I walk in and start speaking a different language it isn't going to help me much.

--------------

So the pie... crust was grainy and mealy. Flakey and tender it was not. The filling, set up nicely but the rhubarb was woody, tough and sour. The merengue, for the first time in my life, stood up and didn't collapse and shrink in from the sides. Wheee! While I moaned about it, Hans reitterated, like the superb husband he is, that it was a fabulous pie.

--------------

We are concerned for our good friends and their daughter, Cate. Cate started running a fever on Sunday, but was not fussy or otherwise apparently sick. She played with Leif just fine, until he bit her finger. :-/ They rolled around in the tent some (I can only say this approvingly for a limited time). Then Monday rolls around and her fever peaked at 103 and she was spitting up blood. The diagnosis was bacterial pneumonia. I feel so bad for her and her parents. Poor baby. Anyways, have a good thought for Cate.

--------------

Leif has mastered standing up and we are fearful that his first steps will be coming soon. He is quite pleased of himself and after showing off his skills at the BBQ on Sunday, clapped for himself and smiled as everyone else clapped as well. He is such a little ham.

I had a fabulous four days off with Leif. He did manage to get a cold and become a snot factory (dubbed by daddy) and then that triggered his reactive airway disease, so we were nebulizing him again four times a day. He seems to be doing a little better today. At least the snot factory is gone.

I spent a few days on "Mission Organization". I picked up and organized the guest room/office for the most part... just don't look in the walk in closet in that room... The formal dining room is the room where it is all most evident. The place looks completely different. No worrying about what is seen through the big picture window from the street, or what the pizza delivery boy thinks when he brings the pizza. (Not to mention the thought of a friend stopping by). I had put all my garage sale stuff in there and then Hans slowly picked stuff OUT of the garage sale stack... and stacked it in the "non-garage sale stack"... Then there was my mass of sewing supplies, Leif was particularly intrigued by the spools of thread. I bought an organization caddy for the sewing stuff. I emptied the wooden trays I bought years ago to paint and fill with corks, and actually painted them and glued corks in to act as TV trays/hot pads of a sort.

I picked up and organized and threw away stuff from the living room as well. I even vacuumed... gasp! I was worried that Leif would miss out on his "play housekeeping" milestone if I didn't at least run the vacuum once in awhile. And the gobs of black Winny hair was an excuse to do so. Picked up Leif's room for the most part. Sealed up yet another container of "baby" clothes to go to the attic. *sigh*

Then there are the rooms no one is allowed in... the library (where all the stuff from the other rooms landed) and the Master suite, disaster area anyone? The library will be dealt with as soon as I figure out some acceptable means of storage for books, games, files, etc. It is petrifying in there.

I am still open for ideas on this room. I need more shelving options, but given the large, room dominating set of shelves that was my Valentine's day present that Hans built for me... that I really love... it isn't just anything that will "go" in that room. Add in the fact that Hans feels that *everything* in the library should be handmade by him... *sigh*


No comments: