Friday, May 13, 2005

TGIF

After a few weeks of work, I returned an old, near burned up RGA (mass spectrometer) from the brink. It works. Just don't breathe on it and do hold your breath while operating. Feeling quite proud of myself after having dismantled the thing, worked on the rods a little, reassembled, and then retuned the parameters, the filament actually lit up orange and I got a reasonable spectrum. I headed back to my office with a smile on my face. My work for today should be done!

I caught the project manager on my way back and tell him, "so I got that RGA working". His response? A very surprised, "REALLY?! I thought that thing was dead and beyond repair!" Why then did the jackass give it to me to use for my project with no mention of this? The words "setting one up for failure" are moving to the forefront of my mind.

---------------

So I obviously worked in the lab a little this afternoon. Not for long you know... I didn't want to get my hands too dirty. I helped Cari out with communications to her system and also ran into Justin who told me he was quite pleased with the data analysis I did for him. Stoked! (I really should go home before my luck turns.)

---------------

Given that I have actually been hugely productive today on the work front, I have of course taken my fair share of time to goof off.

I found this site particularly entertaining today.

My birthday (Jan 8th):







Your Birthdate: January 8

Born on the 8th day of the month, you have a special gift for business, as you can conceive and plan on a grand scale.

You have good executive skills and you're a good judge of values.

You should try to own your own business, because you have such a strong desire to be in control.



You are generally reliable when it comes to handling money; you can be trusted in this regard.

Idealistic by nature, you are never too busy to spend some time on worthwhile causes, especially if managerial support are needed.

There is much potential for material success associated with this number.




I like it, especially the last line, however, I am truly skeptical abou the owning my own business thing. I could never keep people employed for me, they would quit and say mean things about me and my type A tendencies, and then I would feel bad.

Here is the one that scares me... Leif's birthday:








Your Birthdate: July 29

Your birthday on the 29th adds a tone of idealism to your nature.

You are imaginative and creative, but rather uncomfortable in the business world.

You are very aware and sensitive, with outstanding intuitive skills and analytical abilities.



The 29 reduces to 11, one of the master numbers which often produces much nervous tension.

This is the birthday of the dreamer rather than the doer.

You do, however, work very well with people.

Ah well... he does work very well with people...

My other play thing today... Draw a pig.

Here's mine.

---------------------

Weekend plans. The vegetable garden WILL be finished. I WILL also make a decision on glasses or contacts and buy them. A Costco trip is on the schedule, which is always loads of fun. Yes, I am serious, I love that place. Cake and wine with friends on Saturday night, which sounds spectacular right now. Winny goes for a trim at Petsmart on Sunday morning, which means Hans is looking forward to a trip to Sportsmans Warehouse.

Everyone have a super weekend!

No comments: