Thursday, May 05, 2005

Balance found... sort of.

So I e-mailed Laura and told her that I needed to go down and see Leif and couldn't go to lunch.

Partly true. I did need to go see him (because I had to bring him his pumped milk for the afternoon since I forgot his bottles at home). But moreso the thought of spending $10+ on lunch (when my husband could get so frustrated and quit his job anyday now) didn't seem prudent. (But I suppose spending $60 on a new set of sheets from Overstock.com earlier today did...) Not to mention that the wait would be too long for me at a Mexican restaurant on Cinco de Mayo. (And I am just *so* eager to get back here and work!)

Ok, I admit it. I just didn't want to go. I have a dozen excuses, but all come back to I just didn't want to go and would rather hang out with Leif at lunch.

So in honor of Cinco de Mayo one of the groups here decided to have a nacho feed. It is on the drive back to my office from daycare. I thought I would stop in and pick up some nachos and a pop with proceeds going to March of Dimes.

Lesson learned: Not all scientists can cook... least of all computer scientists. There is a reason they don't work in labs, and instead prefer to sit at their desks all day long. My pile of stale chips, with canned chili (?!?!?!), cold nacho cheese and black olives (the best part) was seriously one of the nastiest things I have eaten in months. (I am obviously so prepared for a stint on Fear Factor.)

No comments: