Sunday, May 01, 2005

Coo Coo Cachoo

One of the things I love about Hans and Leif, and Hans as a father is listening to him sing to Leif. Unlike me - I was often questioned by my father, "what did you do with the money?" I would ask, "What money?" He would reply, "the money I gave you for singing lessons?" Burn... - ok, so I digressed, unlike me, with no singing talent whatsoever, Hans actually took choir and sings quite well.

Hans is enjoying memorizing songs and singing them to Leif. Some of the popular ones as of late are "Stars" from the Les Miserables soundtrack, "Dreams" by Barenaked Ladies, "St Judy's Comet" by Paul Simon (per my request) and any "Schoolhouse Rock" song (because you never know what they might pick up and the song about the "bill on capitol hill" helped Hans pass 9th grade Civics). I know my triangle man is waiting (impatiently) to be able to sing any They Might Be Giants song to Leif...

So given all this, I found the following words coming from my bathroom tonight as I cleaned the kitchen mess, just a crack up.

Hans: "Rubber ducky, you're the one, you make bathtime lots of fun, rubber ducky I am overly fond of you... coo coo cachoo." (Repeat)

Me giggling, quietly in the kitchen. Now as any Ernie fans knows - and I know because I was *the biggest* Ernie fan - Ernie would never say "overly" it's "awfully". But that wasn't what got me giggling, it was the "coo coo cachoo". Now that really does go quite well, the beat is right, it flows into the next line, lol.

Ok, so maybe the memorization of the entire "Rubber Ducky" song is mommy's talent, and not daddy's. But it made me giggle tonight.

Now it is killing me... what is "coo coo cachoo" from?

No comments: