Monday, May 09, 2005

Mother's day weekend (Friday and Saturday)

So now that I have vented about the bad aspect of my Mother's Day weekend (JCPenney's), I can go on about the wonderful aspects of my weekend.

Friday I left early, this wasn't really my choice. Leif was wheezing at daycare, genius me forgot the nebulizer at home, so he was sent home. We headed home to the housecleaner just getting started. I hate being there while she is cleaning, but also glad at the opportunity to do a quick check in and actually see her working and not going through my stuff. Leif and I sit down and nebulize. Finish up, give him some Dimetapp and we headed to the grocery store.

I had a ton of stuff to buy, we haven't been in forever. And as evident by the huge amount of $$ I spent, I should have made it a trip to Winco instead of Albertsons. Oh well, $300 later and we are done and head home. I should pause here to say how much I really love my Kangaroo Pouch. Leif enjoyed riding in it on my hip. Then he got tired and fussy, I swung him around to the front and he konked out and slept on my chest for half of the trip, sound asleep.

Ok, one tangent here... so I *have* to get Hans' ice cream (Ben and Jerry's Magic Brownie, good, but not near as good as my B&J's Dublin Mudslide - to die for). Some old codger has his cart parked smack in front of the ice cream door and he stands there forever browsing. I do this too, you have to see what is new. However, when you see someone standing there waiting the polite thing to do is ask say something like "would you like to get in here?" Especially if that woman happens to be carrying a 21 lb sleeping child on her chest. But no. He opens the door and browses, fogging up the door and I can't even see if they had Magic Brownie. (Because if I could have seen where it was I would have just asked him to hand it to me.) But no, he pulls out a brand and reads the.entire.label. Puts it back, grabs another. Does this a total of three times - I am still standing there, looking at him. Ok, at this point, I am glaring at him. He sees me and is bound and determined he is going to make me wait for the damned ice cream. He succeeded, he made me wait and wait. He finally gets what he wants and walks ever so slowly away from the freezer cabinet. I walk up, grab the Magic Brownie and yay for me, toss it in my cart and NOT sling it at the old codger. Took me 30 seconds max.

Ok, got home to a CLEAN house! Had a great evening with Hans and Leif and watched Bridget Jone Diary, The Edge of Reason, it was ok. (And I am not a big Bridget Jones or Renee Zellweger fan, so this is saying a lot.)

Saturday we hung out some, went to the mall where we ran into Kent and Vanessa just minutes after commenting that it seemed a little odd not to see them on the weekend since we so often do. Leif got new sleepers. Mommy had fried oysters and daddy had fish and chips at Ivars. Yum. Leif got a French Fry, which he loved sucking on. So I endured glaring looks from a mom of an 8 month old next to me over what I assume was the French Fry in Leif's hand. I returned the glare over the bottle of apple juice she dumped into the baby's bottle. We are even now.

Then we went to Lowes and I bought a variety of ornamental grasses and vegetable plants for the garden. I love the different varieties, heirloom and not. The woman checking us out said, "did you see the Early Girls out there?" Yes, I did. "You didn't get any!" she proclaims. "Nope, I am not doing Early Girls this year," I tell her. She pleads, "but you HAVE to do Early Girls." I reply polite, "they are fine, but not my favorite." How can early girls NOT be my favorites she asks. They just aren't OK?

Saturday we sear tuna for dinner and watch After the Sunset, pretty good.

No comments: