Monday, May 23, 2005

People can be really idiotic and my new revelation

Running class:
Today the trainer leaves a message on my voice mail. She can't get ahold of the other woman in my class and it isn't financially feasible for her to come out just for me. Excuse me, I wrote a $60 check to you. You have already cashed it. It isn't financially feasible to you? You have already been paid!! I have had 2 whole classes out of 8. Three of them I couldn't attend due to bronchitis and a conflicting class. The other 3 she cancelled. Go on, take the money and run.

(And in the meantime I am contacting the staff association and filing a complaint.)

-----------------------
Friends who take advantage:
It is rare that when our friends ask for help that we don't lend a hand wherever possible. Most of the time we really enjoy it. And it is an opportunity to get people indebted to us, so when we need help we can call on them. ;-) (Our evil secret!)

But there is a difference between being helpful and being taken advantage of. We have friends who live behind us in the apartments who bought a new house. I used to think I had a lot of crap. After 3 loads of the UHaul (and more stuff still to go) on Saturday, I no longer believe I have a lot of crap. Oh, and I didn't mention the stairs. They live on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex without an elevator. Oh and I didn't mention the "collections". One of my friends is a collector. He has enough to open a large store full of 30 boxes of comic books, Star Wars memorabilia, Simpsons memorabilia, LOTR memorabilia, The Muppets... You name it he collects it, including radioactive glass.

Ok, so it isn't so bad that we are helping, but when he starts bitching at us too? It's over. I took a millimeter sized area of paint off a fill size R2D2 and he scowled and complained. Well umm, why don't you get out of the UHaul and YOU carry some of the stuff down the stairs. That's right. He "organized" the UHaul, while we, his friends, hauled stuff. Nice huh?

They both work at the lab, they bought a $385,000 house when the median house price is $170K in this area. They can afford a moving company.

-----------------

One of my friends once stated that her weekends were sacred. It hadn't occured to me at the time that they could be. You know what? They can be and should be. From now on *MY* weekends are sacred. There is a reason I pay a housecleaner to clean my house, so I can have my weekends with my family (and friends when I choose). Starting today, my weekends are sacred.

No comments: