Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Love this quote

My mom sends me magazines. Oftentimes she puts cut outs in the magazines. I didn't happen to see this last set. I put the magazine on the coffeetable and then Leif evidently picked up the magazine and carried it across the floor leaving a trail of quotes on pieces of paper along the way. I didn't realize this until he went back to pick them up and I pulled this one out of his hand:

"I believe that after I say goodnight to my children they will stay in their beds and, perhaps after reading a chapter from one of their many classic children's novels, will fall sound asleep, leaving me to have an uninterrupted and stimulating conversation with my husband while enjoying a glass of merlot by candlelight beside a flickering fire. (This, by the way, is very similar to believing in the Easter Bunny.)"
By writer Michele Sbrana

I love it.

Leif is asleep, lightly. Hans just left at 9:30pm to go out to work until 1pm. And here I am looking, scouring the house for that dang flexible reimbursement receipt from daycare... I *know* it is somewhere!! This is why procrastination is evil. I have never been a procrastinator, but exhaustion has forced it upon me. My old self would have had it filed weeks ago just to get it out of my hands. But no, here I am coming upon the deadline and I am apparently going to need to go get another copy of the receipt from daycare and file it in person tomorrow since I apparently have put it somewhere where I won't forget where it is. Ha ha. What am I? 75?

No comments: