Friday, May 20, 2005

Finally Friday!

Vanessa and I walked down to the wee tods room today to familiarize ourselves with the situation down there for when Leif and Cate turn 1 year old. Which is VERY far away. But still... good to be thinking about it. ;-) I wasn't overly impressed, yet I was not dismayed either. It would be acceptable. I was expecting chaos and there wasn't chaos. Emylia, the wailing cat child, was in the crib... wailing and sounding like a sick cat, surprise surprise. (Not thrilled about Leif being in the same room with her. I know snobby mommy.) But other than that the kids were happy, none were fussing and they were getting ready to go down for their nap. I can deal I think.

Of course this is on the heals of hearing that Leif *might* get into the Montessori school at age 1. He is "near the top" of the waitlist. I had been so busy telling myself all the reasons why I didn't care if he got in or not, because I was positive he wouldn't. Now that the possibility is there, albeit remote, I am a little excited again. I do REALLY hope that if Leif gets in, that so does Cate. Leif needs support from a strong woman... ok, *I* need support!!

Our weekend should be packed, and not necessarily fun packed. Tonight will be nice, we are going out for Italian with K, V and C. I am anxious to try somewhere new. Tomorrow we were roped into helping friends move. Ok, Hans was roped into helping my coworkers move because as Cari pointed out, the three of us are really just Hans as far as manpower. They would also have to live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building without an elevator. Hans has been talking about needing a workout! Hans is cursing the fact that my brain doesn't think faster when asked "what are you doing on Saturday?" knowing all the time that they just bought a new house. Doh!

Sunday is the baptism of another coworker's baby, Sean Miles. I am anxious to see Sean again. He was a premie (4 weeks premature) and teeny tiny last I saw him. I was horribly terrified to hold him. He is now just over 3 months. I was actually surprised when Hans jumped at the opportunity to go, I had figured Leif and I would just go. Then Hans reminded me that it was Paula (the mom) who referred him for a job where he has made the short list, and that he really wants to talk to her about the position. (The truth comes out.)

Let's see. Next weekend is Memorial day and I am taking next Friday off and reveling in 4 days off with Leif. We don't have plans, which is nice.

Other news...

-Our friends John and Kacey had a baby boy last Saturday. Salvatore Boone was born 9 lbs 4 oz, 21 inches long! I see those stats and I immediatly think "poor Kacey"!! I am anxious to hear about the birth.

-My cousin Mandy was married to Ryan this past Sunday in Jamaica. They are having a reception this weekend and my mom and neice are attending in Casper.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: