Thursday, August 30, 2007

Leif's Latest

One of Leif's friends from school is new to the area. His family moved from Loveland, Colorado which is about 10 miles from where I grew up and about that same distance from where my mom lives now. They are huge sports fans particularly for teams from that area... like some little known university whose mascot is a Ram of all things... (We have had mention of the upcoming game this weekend while eyeing each other suspiciously out of the corners of our eyes.)

We were sitting at the dinner table the other night and Leif says out of the blue:

Leif: "Go Broncos!"

AB: "Umm, no, it's go Seahawks."

Leif (sheepish grin on his face): "No, go Broncos daddy

I really had nothing to do with this. I haven't been pushing the Go Broncos thing in a year. It has got to be his friend from Colorado. I know they are HUGE Broncos fans. But I loved it!

--------

And really, we only go to Starbucks once or twice a week. That's it! Honest!

NM: "Leif do you want Cinna-Bunnies cereal for breakfast?"

Leif: "Yes and I want a Cinnamon Dolce Latte too!"

------

Leif has seriously become quite the jabberer. He talks and talks nonstop about whatever. He was eating his ice cream before bed as AB and I were cleaning the kitchen the other night.

Leif: "Blah blah blah blah blah, oh that was a nice toot, blah blah blah blah."

AB and I busted up laughing. Yes, I know, the appropriate response was, "Leif saying excuse me is how we acknowledge toots". But it was just so nonchalant and honest.

No comments: