Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Just tired.

Today has been rough. Leif did not sleep well, was up about every 45 minutes. He would go back to sleep just fine, but a little later would wake up crying. I finally gave in, being that we both had to be at work and reasonably coherent, and brought him to bed with us. There is going to be so much upheaval with travelling in the next few weeks I just am not going to stress about it. Then when we come back from Colorado, magically (by the daddy fairy) the crib will have been moved to his room. Bittersweet.

This morning started with the typical Wednesday teleconference. I was hoping this would go easy for me because I *can't* do anything with my SEM analyst out. Too bad, not the case. We have our review with the client (big bosses and all) in about 4 weeks and then come to find out one of the big bosses with the client wants to present my research at Semicon. This is really thrilling, the fact that one of the big bosses has his eye on my research and likes it, I knew this and have been warned that the success of my research this year could be the deciding factor for year four funding. This is just a lot of pressure. So the rest of this week I have to do experiments that weren't planned and then tap a TGM to do my SEMs for me. (This still kind of cracks me up. )

I had every intention this week of working on a project for my pissy project manager (PPM) to try and wrap up my tasks on his project by the end of FY05 in September. I told him I would have time this week, knowing that I would be light on work on the above project. Ugh, I lied. I don't have time. Not with these extra experiments in above project. Then couple that to my new task on my division director's pet LDRD project and the fact that the proposal for year 2 of that is due Friday (conveniently). I went over that and made some changes and suggestions. Then the patent claims for my shiny, happy project showed up in my mailbox, about f'ing time. So I had to run through those and comment in an effort to get this patent filed asap. So I do have two hours before going home... I could go over and work on that sucky task now I suppose.

Yeah so anyways... Then there is Clem. Love Clem. He is great. He reminds me of Sean Connery, looks, attitude, everything. He was in teleconference this morning, he knows how crazy it was and all the new experiments. But he e-mails me right after telecon with NEW ideas and maybe teaming up with him to propose some projects. I would LOVE to do that and am thrilled he approached me... but not.right.now. His e-mail about scheduling some time tomorrow to talk about this just about sent me to tears. PMS anyone?

I was making my list of things to take to the coast this weekend. Wine appears in about 10 different places on this list (yes, I am an avid list maker). I need to sit on the patio watch the ocean, sip some wine and read a book or two. No house to clean, garden to tend to, nothing. Let's just hope 5 hours in the car doesn't send Leif completely over the edge. He WILL be completely covered in dog slobber, but he will relish that. Mommy otoh will be a little grossed out...

I remember as a kid driving from Casper to Denver. My parents always told me it would take 6 hours. As a teenager when I would make this trip by myself it would only take about 4, and I could never figure out the discrepency. I get it now.

Oh yeah, anyone reading this out there also have a blog that I don't have listed? I enjoy reading them and scoping out what everyone else is up to. I just recently updated my list, so let me know if I have missed you, or if anyone wants to come out of the blogging closet!

No comments: