Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

The day has finally come. The day that Hans has landed a job in this area that he is truly happy with from every aspect. No drive out of town, he will work in the same general area as I do, closer actually to Leif than I am, in an area he is excited about (lab management and customer interface), and bonus... a $10K a year raise. This is awesome considering that he was willing to take a student intern position to get out of his current position. No working nights, no working for an awful boss (at least we hope not).

Hans is the happiest I have heard in a very long time. I am so very proud of him!

My day aside from that is going well too. Today I put on a pair of pants that I haven't worn in almost 3 years and they look stellar! (If I may say so myself!) Ok, they are a touch snug... but I need to feel that they look stellar today.

I had a great telecon. CCE from the client's lab jumped softly. He had questions, but didn't attack. My project manager kept trying to get a word in, but then one of my project coworkers held out his hand and said to the project manager, "April is handling it just fine". :-) Yay! After the telecon was over my former team lead complimented me on how well I handled CCE and the coworker, who is an older, well seasoned lab veteran told our project manager "April handles CCE quite well, you need to just back off and let her deal with him. She is really starting to earn his respect." LOL!

I had a meeting with my former manager. I am planning the BBQ for his group. Go figure. Still not sure why I signed on for this. Typically speaking it is admin that does this, but last year it was handed down the line until I finally took it up. Evidently I did such an outstanding job last time that he wanted me to do it again. And well, I am a sap for organizing stuff like this. Maybe I should have been a party planner...

Life is good here. Hans IS getting the Father's Day gift I want to buy him that is a little on the expensive side. I am buying it this weekend. We are hiring a lawn service. And we are buying another carseat this weekend to install in Hans' car so HE can pick up Leif at daycare on occasion to. That will be wonderful for me because if I need to work a little overtime, like I am today, I can do that without extending Leif's stay at daycare.

No comments: