Monday, June 06, 2005

Good work news!

Just got an e-mail that my Co-PI on my big grant proposal ($1.8 million over 4 years) and I have a meeting next Monday with a DOE representative! I went through the list and it is by all means not exhaustive of all the proposals that were submitted for this call from the lab. In fact, it is quite limited. I would estimate that 75% of the meetings are follow ons to already existing projects and the other 25% of the people meeting with this representative are new starts - where I fall in.

Deep breath, deep breath!!

What I wouldn't give to get this thing funded. Then I could commit 50% of my time right off the bat to my own project, hire a post-doc, and leave up to 50% of my own time for my shiny, happy project (providing it continues past this year).

Of course then what do I do if the proposal was funded and then shiny happy project offered me a job... (counting chickens before hatched... bad, bad, bad)

No comments: