Monday, June 27, 2005

It's a new dawn, it's a new day

and Six Feet Under is on tonight. yay! Leif MUST go to bed by 9pm tonight.

The week is starting out nicely. I was given a task on an LDRD project that I feel I should have had from day one. But Mary convinced me to wait it out, don't get pissy about it, support Jana in her role (even though she is completely unqualified to run the task) and see what happens. I thought it very odd that today I had a meeting scheduled with the LDRD project manager and Jana since we had just had our project meeting on Friday. Plus the fact that it was just me, Jana and the PM. Well turns out that Jana felt as though she could not run her task and so it was offered to moi! I accepted.

Things are looking up for next year, not so dismal after having dumped my big project. The budget for this task we are hoping will be about $80K next year. And it is overhead free money. So it goes a long way. So best case scenario, I have the LDRD, my shiny happy project and my big money project and am putting lots of other people to work. Worst case scenario I have the LDRD and am scrambling for the other 50% -ish of my time.

Leif was kind of fussy and disagreeable much of the weekend. He has a spot, or a hole, on his lower gum about halfway back. This strikes me as possibly being a molar coming up. If so, this would be WAY early for the 1st set of molars. This couldn't be? Could it?

Swimming lessons on Sunday were fine. Leif was tired, it was his naptime and he was going to persist in napping, even if he was standing in the water. He got the hang of it about 25 minutes into the 30 minute class. He is just getting to that point that missing nap has detrimental effects on our day.

Which also has me VERY concerned about our trip to Colorado. I know his schedule is going to get messed up. And I really am trying to coordinate things to encourage not only flexibility, but having a set nap time. I am not sure why I even try though. I have this strange feeling I will be saying "I told you so". Leif not napping, or getting his schedule out of whack creates misery for everyone around. Everyone just thinks he is so happy. He is. But don't you dare cross him or cheat him out of his nap.

So anyways, zoo and BBQ at my sisters will be on Wednesday. Yeah, Leif is going to deal with that *real* well. Overstimulation at the zoo followed directly by lots of relatives and friends. I do understand that having the zoo and BBQ on one day saves everyone a lot of time. And if it weren't for Leif, I would be pushing for that. However, Leif's versatility score is near zero.

Now I am reconsidering not taking his stroller (for him to sleep in). But how in the world am I going to handle one baby, one diaper bag, one stroller, one convertible carseat, and my purse through a flight with a layover. I cannot do it.

To which Hans is reminding me, "I don't know why you decided to do this without me". Thanks honey, you are so helpful!

No comments: