Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The curse of the green jacket!

It has hit my office. The green jacket. This is HANS' fault!!

Every year for many, many years, as can be shown by the AGE of the green jacket (oh wait, the old tweed jacket, spray painted green), my former group has held a golf tournament. They encourage EVERYONE to play, regardless of whether or not you have held a golf club before. Well I wasn't going to get roped into that again... no way. But then they were one person short of having perfect foursomes. So I offered up Hans to play golf. He has been playing lately and enjoying it.

He got to play with our friend Bob. He and his wife are near our age and have a little one Leif's age. We run our dogs together on occasion. Anyways, Bob needed a partner, I offered up Hans. Who knew this would backfire on me. I mean seriously, out of 15 foursomes, who would have guessed that Hans and Bob would have LOST the tournament?!?! I mean come in dead last. I didn't think this was a remote possibility.

Yes, they were the big weiners and I am bearing 50% of the repurcussions of this. Since Hans isn't employed by my group, I was lucky enough to get to accept the "piss boy" trophy and wear a lovely green jacket with Bob. I mean come on guys, could you not have at least LIED??

So for the entire year, I must display, in my office, the green jacket. Bob took the piss boy bucket trophy and his even greener jacket.

Thanks Hans!!

No comments: