Friday, June 03, 2005

So proud of myself and Leif too!

I got up at 5:58am, quietly put on my shoes, running pants and a top. Then went and rousted Winny. She looked at me a little confused, realized what was going on and ran full speed to the back door. YIPPEE, life is good again! It was a gorgeous morning, albeit a little windy (surprise surprise). We did the short loop as I was a little concerned about time since Leif was still asleep when I left. I didn't run, but we will get to that soon I hope. Winny met another dog, who growled when she decided to sniff his/her private areas, lol. We walked by the field and she took off at full speed into the field. She hasn't done this in ages, I guess by her walks at the end of the day she is just too tired. She flew around the field and scared up one rabbit which she chased but then "let go" under the bush as she moved onto something else fascinating. She ran back and looked at me as if she was saying "thanks mom, I needed that".

Now if she only understood what "Saturday" meant. I hate to disappoint her tomorrow morning, maybe I should have waited until Monday to start, but no time like the present.

We had a fabulous night with Leif. After a few nights of working hard with him he went down about 8:30-9pm, woke up at 3am and nursed a little, fussed a little when I put him back in his crib, but calmed down after 5 minutes, and then he slept until I WOKE him up at 7:30am. Needless to say *I* (specifically these melons attached to my front side) will have to get used to this schedule, especially if I plan on running in the morning. I haven't been engorged in awhile and one side was ready to feed something, anything all through our walk.

I am hoping this is not just an anomaly and that this wonderful schedule will continue!

No comments: