Friday, June 10, 2005

Big chicken

That would be me. PPM's (pissy project manager's) car was in the lot, he was in despite the fact he was marked out until the 20th. I didn't get to talk to him yesterday. So I ventured over, I walked by his office a few times. He was working on something, but waved, smiled and said hi. So I left. I have all the intentions, and then I chicken out.

Big elephant still in room.

-----------

It is Friday and my husband is enjoying the fact that he is in between jobs. In fact, today he went and hit golf balls at the range. Happy, happy, happy!

Last night he kept saying that when he went in to give notice today that he didn't care if his boss told him to leave and not come back. He says that, but I know he cares. He went in to give notice today and he was locked out of his computer and stuff in a pile. Went to the bosses office and talked rationally, while his boss ranted and raved and said to him that he needed a dose of reality. How about a $10K raise dose of reality? He has that now.

His boss wanted to know where he was going, Hans wouldn't tell him, he asked why Hans wouldn't tell him and Hans reminded him of all the times Chris said he was a vindictive SOB and because of this he would have to be nuts to tell him where he was going.

So shortly after arriving, Hans packed up his stuff, went and said goodbye to the office staff and came home. I know he is happy to be home, happy to be out of this job, and extra happy to have something even better waiting for him. But I know he is NOT happy to have left a job on bad terms.

So Hans has at least one week off, maybe two depending on when they want him to start at the new job. It will be a nice few weeks. We know that he has something better out there to start and he has some time to relax and enjoy life and Leif! I am sure Leif will be missing daycare a few days next week.

---------------

My manager gave me 4 hours of PDM (project developement money) to prepare my presentation for Monday and for the time to present it. I thought this was quite nice of her. I didn't ask for the PDM for writing the proposal, but found out after the fact that she had actually given a few people some money. So when this review came up I figured it was worth asking for. The presentation is almost ready to go.

---------------

Today is Friday, yay! We are going to get up and go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow. Cherries will be purchased. Also peas sound quite yummy to me. I would be super stoked to find some fava beans too. Of course along with the trip to the Farmer's Market will be a wait in the mini donut line and the coffee stand line.

A trip to Lowes to buy Hans' father's Day present for him is on the docket. I had thought I would keep it a secret and even try to wrap his present. (A new BBQ'er.) Then the logistics of this got the better of me and I chickened out. (See I am a big chicken!) I told Hans what he was getting, he is stoked and offered to go buy it with me! ;-) What a guy!!

Costco for Copper River Salmon and Wine is also on the list as is a trip to Target for a carseat for Hans' car. Now that his job places him closer to Leif, he will get to pick up and drop off sometimes too. Hence, the new carseat.

All is good here! Everyone have a super weekend!

No comments: