Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday!

Yay, Friday!

Today started out with my bringing Leif to daycare, getting to work and having to turn around and go back to daycare to take Leif home. I am a dode of a mom. Leif had a fever. Dode comes from the fact that this morning when I was dressing Leif I took off his fleece sleeper. (He was in fleece because Hans and I had JUST the night before debated the heat and air conditioner yet again... never marry an Alaskan or you will live in an iceberg.) He felt really warm and I thought to myself, well maybe Hans is right and that Leif is "just fine and not freezing to within an inch of his life".

Did it dawn on me to take his temperature? Absolutely not. Leif has *never* run a fever, even with all his ear infections. And if another nurse asks me if he has a fever when I call and say his ear is infected and then tells me it probably isn't infected if he doesn't have a fever... well let's just say my son does not run fevers. Or so I thought. Hans and I don't run fevers and rarely had them as children according to our parents.

So I picked Leif up, drove him home to hang out with dad for the day. (Thank goodness Hans was off for one more day.) But that didn't help dad finish his carpentry project. I called and Leif was sleeping, I asked if he was working on the project and he was watching "a show on devastating earthquakes" or something like that. (rolling my eyes)

The fever seems to have subsided (thanks Advil), Leif was NOT interested in a nap and at 1:30pm he had drank the THREE bottles I left. And I nursed him at 9am at home.

I am flat out convinced he is in a growth spurt. I keep thinking he is longer, sleepers aren't so loose anymore and those cute rompers I bought earlier this spring will not stay snapped at the crotch. I am wondering if we will ever get through a season without having to buy two sets of clothes? Hoping here that he doesn't grow TOO much in the next two weeks and that buying him new clothes can wait till my trip to see my mom in Colorado. And bonus I just found out there is a Carters Outlet about 5 miles from my mom's house.

Well so anyways. It is Friday. No ideas what to cook for dinner. Anxiously awaiting dinner tomorrow night. I am looking forward to a night in front of a movie after Leif goes to bed and a nice big glass of wine.

No comments: