Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tuesday of a very busy week!

I am relishing the fact that Hans is golfing today, he went golfing yesterday too, and last Friday he went and hit golf balls at the range. This is because he has the time to do something fun. His job ended last Friday and he has at least a week off before starting the new one. So he is hanging out, golfing, cooking, working on the yard... and NOT STRESSING about work!

Today we have my former group's BBQ to go to at about 4pm. Which means I need to finish up work and get things going. I was elected by my former TGM to head up the food aspect. I delegated, therefore it was left to me to bring BBQ sauce. (Which I delegated to my wonderful husband...) It is quite cool out though. I brought Leif's cute little shorts and green plaid shirt to change him into. But I just called Hans and told him to bring his khaki pants and a fleece sweatshirt for him. He will need it. I won't even be putting my shorts on. It is that cold. Very weird.

This also has me a little worried for our camping trip this weekend with Kent, Vanessa and Cate. I don't like being cold while camping, but if it doesn't warm up, and we will be going to "elevation" (my family and friends in Colorado would laugh at what is termed "elevation" here), we might be camping in a hotel room.

I think we are going to have a great time. We are car camping and to get an idea of what car camping is going to be like for us... I have about 4 bottles of wine set aside, Baileys and hot cocoa is on the list and Vanessa is bringing her whipped cream charger. We will be camping in style.

Tonight I have the first of our book club meetings. We read The Pact by Jodi Picoult. I was not impressed. My overall impression of the book... don't read if you want to read it in the future...

spoiler warning...

last warning...

My impression of the take away message is that it was written with the intent to condone assisted suicide. All assisted suicides, but particularly those that are NOT in the case of a terminally ill patient. I was disturbed and annoyed by the book. Dustrubed because of the take away message. Annoyed at the stupidity of the parents in the story who were encouraging their children into relationships and put such pressure on them. Sad.

No comments: