Friday, September 16, 2005

Stress setting in

Two weeks left of fiscal year. Two weeks of working my ass off and getting results that would have been best to have had months ago, but now they are actual deliverables. Ick.

And I am tired. I have been spoiled the last week and a half or so with LJ sleeping reasonably well. And he actually did sleep reasonably well last night until 4am when he woke up after his Advil had worn off and the new Advil didn't kick in until 6am - or so he thought... So misery for AB and I as he toyed with us wrt sleeping for an hour and then at 5am it was time for full on melt down. At 6:30 however, he konked our hard and who knows how long he would have slept had I not woken him up at 7:45 and rushed him (ha ha ha... there is no "rushing" a 13 month old) to get ready to be at daycare at 8:30am. We made it there at 9am, just in time for snack.

I hung out for a few as I filled out the medication paperwork so they could give him Advil at noon. He stood in line (amazingly to wash his hands). I was shocked at how patient he was. Theresa was taking her own sweet time in washing her hands and LJ's tolerance was nearing it's end when one of the teachers encouraged Theresa to finish up so that LJ can wash up for snack. He washed his hands (with a help, lest he dawdle all day and put water ALL over the floor). Then his teacher told him to go get a bowl for snack. He walked over, got the bowl and walked to the snack bowls where he grabbed the serving spoon himself and his teacher steadied his hand and helped him scoop. Then he walked his bowl to his preferred spot at the table and dumped the entire contents ONTO the table. His teacher kind of rolled her eyes, but told me, it's ok, he just doesn't like to eat with his hands out of a bowl. If he has a bowl, he wants a spoon. LJ pulled his chair up and sat down at the table and ate his fruit.

He is already such an independent turkey and here they are encouraging it! ;-) Where'd my baby go?

It amazes me how LJ can follow instructions. The latest thing at home is giving Winny a treat and a goodbye kiss before we go. He used to take a treat and immediatly put it in his mouth (yet he would pause and examine every Cheerio before putting them in his mouth). Now he takes the treat from the dining room, walks through the living room, to the Master bedroom to my side of the bed and holds it out to Winny. The other things that amazes me is that he always knows where Winny is. She has about 4 main spots she hangs out in, but if he gets to give her a treat, he goes right to her.

Then he waits for her to finish her treat and leans over to kiss her goodbye. I have a super picture of this from the other morning, but haven't downloaded it off my camera yet. When I do I will post it.

Yay, it's Friday. It doesn't feel like much of a Friday however. I think it is the fiscal year end stress. And the fact that I am just feeling like a grump (PMS).

My tasks this weekend:
1. Hancock Fabrics without LJ.
-Buy Christmas fabric for a new tree skirt.
-Buy Christmas fabric and ribbon for the little tree bags described yesterday.
-Upholstery fabric and I am hoping cushions for the bench in the library.
-Fabric for LJ's closet. (We are paranoid he is going to close his fingers in the accordion doors and so we are removing them and I want a cover because the thought of an exposed closet interior kind of freaks me out.)

2. Michaels
-Magnets for pumpkins
-Scrapbook to put the old 10x13 family pictures in that I rotate out of the library. (I hope I can find an album that will hold a 10x13 picture... )
-There is something else I wanted there that I cannot remember for the life of me...

3. Grocery store

4. Park or something with V and LJ's best bud to encourage AB to STUDY and do his homework. (However I am sure that the Buffs are playing on Saturday and the Seahawks will be playing on Sunday...)

5. Parade of Homes
(We want to look at just a few of the houses, which is good since LJ will not allow extended viewings. Just mostly for ideas and to look at some builder's works.)

6. Relax.

No comments: