Friday, September 23, 2005

Post 200

TGIF! I am ready for a Friday. It has been a long week in one sense that a lot has happened. But the time has flown quickly.

AB is enjoying having dropped one of his classes and spent time with LJ last night. LJ has been busy as ever and is cracking us up daily. Yesterday he got to school and saw that snack was about to be served. So he went to the sink to wash his hands. Before turning on the water he grabbed the soap dispenser and worked hard to try and get soap out. But he couldn't, and so the teacher helped him. He scrubbed his hands, rinsed and then miracle of miracles, he turned OFF the water and got down! He hurried over to the snack table and grabbed his banana and promptly took a bite out of it. Oops, peel isn't so good. His teacher peeled the banana and he sat down in his seat and started eating. Such a big boy!

He wore his new shoes to school today, real soles and all. He showed them to his teacher and the S twins who touched them. I told him I was leaving and he actually came to me with his lips puckered up for a kiss. We kissed and I told him I love him and to have a good day and he ran off to play. *Sigh*. He is growing up way too fast. I swear it was just yesterday that he was a tiny little baby.

Last night when I picked him up at school I went to grab his hand so we could walk out (which he insists on doing). He pulled back whining, he didn't want to go, he wanted to play ball drop more. I knew the day would come when he was too busy or having too much fun to leave and go home. But I expected him to much older. Another sigh.

LJ is done with nursing. I can convince him to sit down and nurse if I need him to. But he has no interest otherwise. The last time he nursed was Wednesday morning and I feel it. The past few weeks I have been encouraging him to help me out every other day. But with my pending travel next week I think I need to just buck up and let it go this week. I am hoping that this final step in weaning doesn't take long. I know my milk supply is very, very low right now. But it is still there.
We don't have many plans this weekend. AB has to go into work some now that it is nearing month end. We are going to go to a few wineries with friends at some point I think. I still need to make that run to Michael's for a few things. I want to get LJ's "one year" hand mold done this weekend. Oh and my house is clean already, so that makes things even better!

Work is good, but hectic. I found out a coworker of mine, his mom has a brain tumor and is on her third round of radiation treatment. How sad. He is my age, his mom is 56. It breaks my heart.

Well I have a lot to get to here today and so I should go get busy. Everyone have a super weekend!

No comments: