Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

Last week PPM e-mailed me and asked why I was charging to a particular project, what task would I possibly have to do on this project essentially. Truth is, I was writing a paper I have been putting off for the task manager. I have felt guilty that I was overcommited earlier and put it on the back burner. So I was cranking on it. PPM (who is "above" my task manager) e-mails me back and tells me to back burner it until next year and then tackle it only if I need the time because he isn't going to pay for "research".

And management wonders why my directorate has next to no publications.

Fine, whatever. I sent the e-mail to the task manager out on vacation for two weeks. Today he came back and asked me if it was finished. Umm no, your project manager told me not to work on it. J is disappointed.

Ok. So once J gets over his peeved-ness at PPM for telling me what to work on and what not to work on... he sends me a paper to review. J is in a rush to get the paper out the door and I know why. So here I sit this afternoon, editing the paper, correcting the usage of "affect" and "effect" (pet peeve of mine), eliminating needless words... J writes like he talks... flowery. And a one sentence description turns into an hour long story.

So la te da. There you go. It may seem small, but I will take whatever I can get.

No comments: