Wednesday, September 07, 2005

After 404 days...

we have through the night sleep! Yessiree! Leif went down at about 7:40am. I was reading to him, he actually crawled out of my lap and went to his crib, hands on the rails and fussed. I thought fine, into the crib you go. Layed his head down and 10 minutes later was out.

I woke at 2am, certain I heard him fussing. Got up and got a sippy of milk and went into his room. Nope, sound asleep. At 4am I woke up, preparing myself for the eventuality of hearing a crying baby in the next 20 minutes. Then I woke at 5am and started the countdown... 1 hour and he officially (in my mind) slept through the night. Sure enough, he was up about 6:25, 11 hours later!

I must go knock on wood lest I risk jinxing myself.

------------------------

Last night after the bath Leif was doing his typical wriggle out of my grasp and run through the house giggling, butt naked. He is too cute. But something weird happened this time. He went running out of his bedroom, took a right into the bathroom. So I jumped up, knowing he would race to the tub and try to get back in. I was about 4 steps behind him when he let out a blood curdling scream and started sobbing.

I still don't know what happened. His feet were fine. I thought maybe he stepped on something, he didn't. The only thing I can guess is that the light was off and the darkness scared him. I am still perplexed.

No comments: