Thursday, September 15, 2005

Eavesdropping

Last night we were sick of the nothingness on TV at about 9pm. So we headed into the bath. We have a humongous bathtub that is really more comfortable, at least for me, with two people. We get in the bath and hear talking on the baby monitor. My first thought is that someone is in the house!! AB said, "I think we are picking up someone's phone conversation."

I got out of the bath and went to go see what was going on. Sure enough, I get to the monitor and I hear a woman crying and a man talking to her. Now this is intriguing! I grab the monitor and take it back to the Master Bath with me and we proceed to sit and listen to this "couple's" conversation.

After a little while we pick up that she is either engaged, married or has a boyfriend (a jealous type) and is seeing, on the sly, this man she is talking to. She is upset and sounds down on herself. I was annoyed that she wouldn't speak more clear, lol. Then the man, he was SOO playing her, telling her how beautiful she is and that every time he sees her at work he gets so horny. He is always so happy to see her. He tells her that whenever she feels stressed to come and "just let loose". Or some other phrase, AB said it was from The Matrix, but I don't remember it exactly now. He repeated it many times.

They go on to talk about if the man had a girlfriend and she was seeing someone else, he would just step aside, no problem. To which, AB is yelling "yeah right buddy!" Finally it was just getting sappier and sappier. But we were into it, mostly we were into laughing at this guys efforts to play her. The lines!! The things he said!! It was so sad and she was BUYING IT!! It was amazing how clear it was really.

They got cut off at one point and we found out then that it was the guy's phone we were tapped into. He calls her back and evidently the girl doesn't even realize that she cut him off. She said she is tired and he told her to have sweet dreams and to only think of happy things before she goes to bed because the last thing you think about is what you dream about. Awww... Oh wait, forget that... He goes on to tell her that she should therefore think about him before she goes to bed.

Finally they hang up and our monitor returns to normal. We get out of the bath and go to bed.

I was up a few times with LJ during the night. Then at 6am we hear a phone dialing. AB and I wake up and look at each other. Huh? LJ is using the phone already? He is pursuing his independence, but this is ridiculous. Then we hear clearly, the man's voice again!

My first comment, "ok, how rude is he to call someone at 6am?"

AB grunts.

The girl from last night picks up the phone and yay for her, actually tells him it is rude to call someone so early. Glad to see she has some gumption and not a complete pushover. The guy gets a little defensive, "well I just wanted to tell you good morning". At that point I reached over and shut it off, got out of bed, grabbed an awake LJ to relieve the boob pressure and headed out for our morning Winny walk.

Tonight the monitor channel gets changed. Listening to this guy's every phone call, not how I want to spend my evenings and mornings.

No comments: