Thursday, September 01, 2005

Random Thursday

So I mentioned yesterday what a crack up telecon started out being yesterday, but never elaborated. I love working with this team, they keep me in stitches. I hadn't laughed this hard in awhile, I had tears streaming down my face. (This might quite possibly be one of those things where "you had to be there".)

First off my project manager tells us that his wife has him up walking the dog at 4:30am with her. She walks with her friends and their dogs at 5am, but their dog is getting too old to keep up. So the plan she hatched was to get up with him at 4:30am and take the dog, then meet up with her friends and he would walk the dog home. Not his idea of fun and games. He was grumpy and quiet yesterday morning and she said, "well you don't have to go if you have better things to do". His response, "umm sleep?" So he dragged himself out, all the while thinking she is a nutcase. She is jabbering away, he is quiet, when all of a sudden she says out of the blue, "oh look, there's a UFO". Then goes on with what she was talking about before. He thought she was testing him, to see if he was really listening. So he stopped her and said, "what? UFO?" She points up to the sky and says "right there" and goes on jabbering about something else. Sure enough... he looks up and there is a low flying red and blue flashing lighted object in the sky.

This story is finishing and we are thinking project manager is a little nutty himself with Tom, my former team lead, walks in. Ok, you have to know Tom. He is single, quiet, and a big man. Poor guy needs a wife to buy him clothes. The other day Mary accused him of being like Britney Spears (exposed belly). Tom is easy to fluster and turns red in a second (like someone else I know... myself).

The guys all start harping on Tom's newly grown moustache. It is a hideous looking thing... and I LIKE facial hair. But it looks as though a big fat hairy black caterpillar crawled onto his lip and took up residence. It looks like he uses Grecian for men because he is grey, completely, but the moustache is black.

Anyways, after feeling thoroughly ribbed to pieces, Tom admits that the reason he is growing a moustache is for a wedding. Ok, that only peaked our interest! He tells us that his student has requested that every man attending her wedding sport a moustache.

Ok now how odd is that. I was dying. I was rolling. I had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard. Ok, I feel kind of bad now for laughing so hard, but the student wasn't there. So I don't feel totally bad. Tom later brought the invitation by my office for proof. Sure enough, right there in plain English that all men in attendence are asked to wear a moustache. Now seriously...

My only hope is that there are some pictures that manage to surface here at work from this wedding. Because I fully admit that this has got to be the funniest requests I have ever read about... and I was a participant on a wedding board, I heard PLENTY!

----------------

So I dropped Leif off at school this morning. His teacher told me that he is the daredevil. He stood on a chair and tried to jump off it yesterday. Success was not his.

His classroom has had to change a recent policy thanks to Leif. They have always allowed the kids the opportunity to wash their hands whenever they want. They have a little stool they get down, climb on the little stool to the kid height sink and scrub a dub away. Evidently I should be watching my son for OCD because he will wash his hands all.day.long. They cannot keep him away from the sink. This has resulted in spoiled fun for everyone. The stool is now up high and the kids have to "ask" to wash their hands. And to top it off, the child washing their hands must be guarded from the Leifster, who beelines to the sink and pushes his way up onto the stool. Images of bodies flying left and right as Leif dives into the sink...

Leif loves water. At home he loves water, at school he loves water. He got this from his swimmer daddy. I am thinking he might have also gotten his streaking behavior from daddy too... Yesterday was water day at school. They put the kids in diapers only for water play most of the time. Sometimes a t-shirt. Leif had just a diaper and he decided that playing in the sprinkler would be so much more fun au natural. Leifster is now Leifstreakster.

No comments: