Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday shopping

Thank goodness for online shopping. I just haven't been thrilled with what I have seen locally in stores. I don't know what it is with me. I can find plenty of things for Leif, and even do pretty well shopping for Hans. But clothes shopping for me has been less than adequate.

I walked around the mall on Monday with a friend and her daughter. And granted I didn't venture over to the other side of the Gap (the non-kids side), and maybe it was just my mood when we did hit Eddie Bauer, but in person, I found nothing, which is unusual for me. And well, the stores in our mall, are just not doing it for me. I should venture into Macy's and stroll around, but I haven't.

Now sitting at home in the evenings however and I found loads of stuff flipping through catalogs. So while I am fielding e-mails back and forth between client, project manager, me and my SEM analyst I went shopping. $225 later...

I have a new coat. In olive. I just haven't had a need for a good winter coat here to this point. I have been wearing my ski jacket when needed. But this winter with us going to Alaska for Christmas... I need a new coat, badly. Hans must be feeling ok moneywise (and jobwise), since when I showed it to him and emphasized the fact that I have a 20% off coupon he said to get it if I wanted it. We confer about purchases over $100, and I don't know that he has ever said, "no". Although he will suggest, can you find something like it on Sierra Trading Post? (The answer is usually no.)

Well I also need a cute outfit for the fall. I want something that will look nice for fall family pictures at the pumpkin patch. And Vanessa has me thinking that a skirt would be great... I am being a copycat... I fell in love with this one last night, in olive. And while I am at it, the turtleneck pictured with it... in black. I picked out one other shirt on clearance and managed to, with the assistance of the 20% off coupon I have for shopping online by Sunday, keep it under $100. Now I *need* a pair of boots to go with the skirt. I didn't like the ones on JJill that are pictured with the skirt - and additionally that would have put me over that $100 mark and made me subject to Hans' approval. Anyone have any suggestions on cute leather, knee high boots that aren't over $150 (at most)? I am thinking a trip to our BRAND NEW Burlington Coat warehous might be in order this weekend in search for boots.

The weather is cooler and windy today. (Hate the wind.) So I put Leif in his new OshKosh carpenter jeans. I kind of get the inconsistent clothing sizing between brands, but within brands. Come on guys, get it together. Leif has outgrown his 18 month OshKosh summer outfits. I bought OshKosh pajamas at Costco the other day in 2T and they fit him fine with a little room to grow - he is 13 months and not huge for his age. This morning I put him in the 18 month sized carpenter jeans, fearing that they would be too small. Nope, the opposite, too big, about 3-4" too long. It is cool today, and so I rolled the cuffs, twice, put him in a long sleeved t-shirt (6-12 month sized Gymborree) and we went to school.

He was adorable, if I say so myself. I apparently wasn't the only one that thought so. His teachers all complimented his attire and his ultra-cute jeans and how they make him look like such a little man. *Sigh*.

It is the fiery foods festival this weekend here and we will likely attend Saturday morning. Not much else is going on. I might do something with the leftover plums off our tree. I am anxious to get home and see our cleaned house. We have been less than thrilled with the housecleaner and so I left a note today explicitely pointing out the things we have been less than satisfied with. We were just going to find someone else, but might as well give her the opportunity to change the things we weren't happy with first. (I have been complaining about this for weeks now.) In the area, there just aren't a lot of choices and since I have the need to keep everything above the table and have taxes paid and such (mainly due to my job and requirements I have agreed to adhere to), the choices are limited. And I could probably find fault with anyone I hired and run through the options too quickly.

Oh another breakthrough last night. Hans has agreed to let me try and find a carpenter to pay to finish our "in wall" bookshelf system. We have a coat closet next to the TV and we have partially been renovating it to in wall shelves and cupboard. This started a year and a half ago and it still sits, 25% done. The kicker is that if we are going to pay someone he wants it done right, not our method which would have likely been half-assed. He wants it to look like it always existed that way. This is a relief to me... and HE said it! I was worried of saying it myself lest he be offended that I didn't think our plan was up to par. But no. So in the next week I am going to e-mail a friend and see what her carpenter husband thinks about tackling it. I want it done soon.

Ok, off to a meeting! Have a super weekend!

No comments: