Thursday, August 04, 2005

I want, I want, I want

Ever go through phases where you just want stuff? Some women get bored and rearrange their houses (ummm mom...). Others do things to their hair (that would be Ang...). Me? I shop.

I don't always want to shop. I have my days. But last night as I was flipping through the umpteen catalogs I get in the mail (why I tempt myself I don't know), I wanted everything. I wanted those cute shorts on sale for $19, I wanted the Pottery Barn buffet that has been beckoning me for 3 years now, I wanted a new rug for the kitchen, and while I was at it a new entryway rug and back door rug. And oh, let's not forget about a new set of bedside tables. And well really now, can anyone ever have enough tea towels from Crate and Barrel? Orange is finally in stock everywhere.

I am going to go shopping this weekend. Shopping here is a small consolation though. We have a small mall, with a few acceptable chain type stores. We have a Macy's. But aside from that, the shopping situation is bleak here, yet still acceptable to sufficiently dull my shopping pangs. I am *dying* for a fall trip to Seattle to shop. (Hans rolls his eyes...)

The nice thing is that it is also late summer, which means that the summer sales are starting up. I need to go and browse and prove my prowess as a bargain hunter. (But honey, I SAVED 50%!)
I am finally getting back to my smaller clothes and you know, they are all old, out of style, dated. The tapered ankle thing is killing me and knowing that they make your behind look large, well they have all been pushed to the black hole section of the closet.

I need some new fun clothes. (And shoes.) Don't shoot me, but the vast majority of pants in my closet are baggy. They look funny. Hans says that I am really getting into that baggy pants thing on all the "kids"... except that my pants weren't made to be baggy... and I have no desire to show off either my underwear or my belly button.

On the other hand, all my shirts are, well "form fitting". And right now I am not enjoying that either.

See now, I have justified it all. I have admitted my weakness. Now can I go shopping?

No comments: