Thursday, June 07, 2007

Good news followed by even better news

Good news... I was given a real office with a window! My 5th office in five years. (Though I have been in this one for nearly 3 years.) It has real, actual functional furniture too! I get to join a good part of my group in a building that should be standing for a few more years and not stuck off in the office for naughty women who whine to their managers about equality and the needs of lactating women. Oops, I didn't say that. I feel strangely renewed by the new office. Like I am actually on someone's radar!

Even better news... AB got a verbal job offer yesterday! He will be working for a major engineering firm in the area (participant in contractor roulette) as a Masters Intern. Frankly, I don't even care if he gets paid. Ok, though it would be really, really nice to actually be able to afford Skadi's daycare. Simply getting his foot in the door is huge right now. And should serve to lift him out of the unemployment funk.

No comments: