Friday, June 06, 2008

My travel solutions

We will see how they all work!


From the Traveling with Kids website, I have ordered:


Totally Tape - Leif will so love this, I just have to resist pulling it out before we leave. (Thank you V.)


Marvel's magnetic tin, includes scenes and 24 magnets to play with.



Color Wonder with Nemo and Toy Story. These may save the day or they may fall flat. I wish my son liked art. But so far he doesn't care for it much. I rarely get art projects home. And even though I encourage it (I was a former art major) he just isn't interested. Though I was thrilled the other night when he wanted to paint a rock. Oh and additionally... you may be tempted to order these on Amazon like I was to take advantage of Prime shipping and save a trip. But I balked at Amazon's prices ($16-20). I went to Target and found the sets for $6.99.


Auto Bingo - as discussed below.


A carabiner flashlight. He can hook it to his luggage and can have it in Alaska. $1 in the bins at Target. I probably should have picked up two or three. But since it *never* will get dark in Alaska while we are there... the likelihood of him using it for a real purpose is not good.


A magnifying glass for investigating... well anything.


Second to last for Leif... AB fell in love with this Buggy Board for airports (attaches to the backside of our new wasabi and chocolate colored umbrella stroller) but not surprisingly balked at the $85.99 price tag. So we have a bid on eBay for one.

Last I have finally sold my husband 97% of the way on a Leapster. I picked the Leapster over the VSmile because it has a "pencil" connected and Leif really needs work on his fine motor skills and holding a pencil. (Which is part of the reason his teachers believe he doesn't like art is he can't hold a pencil properly.)


I AM still coveting a couple Sigg water bottles for each of my kids to take along. But there I am really balking at the price. I know, no BPA and all, but at $17.99 each, I may have to pass.


For Skadi...


Goldfish crackers

Gerber Yogurt Bites


Gerber Fruit Snacks

Little People in a cosmetics bag (thanks Jo Ann!)


A few cups and the tiny tea pot from her new tin tea set (so wishing I was home last night to have seen my husband having a tea party in the kitchen with both kids)

And if she is still showing interest in her brand new baby doll by then, we will take that as well.

No comments: