Saturday, June 07, 2008

Follow up - dog

I heard back from the Belgian Sheepdog Rescue and apparently Tinga is such a fabulous dog that her foster family has decided to adopt her. I was a touch disappointed, but more just happy that a great dog has found a caring home.

It was AB's suggestion after reading the e-mail that came this morning that we go ahead and submit our application for a dog and start "the process" to adopt a Belgian.

I am excited by this. First of all, because I think Belgians are just wonderful fabulous dogs. And Winny needs a younger sibling to keep her running and active. But I am also excited to find a dog that needs a home - as opposed to paying the big bucks for a new puppy.

Maybe someday we will get a puppy when my kids get a little older, but right now I think adopting from a rescue - providing we can find the "right" dog is a better option. We have strict requirements - must do well with children, other dogs and a cat. Be a younger beta dog who isn't going to need to be reminded of her stature in the family, yet with all the Belgian traits we love.

Forging forward!

No comments: