Friday, June 06, 2008

Curse you internet!

I am the queen of finding both useless and useful crap on the internet.

I can comparison shop, I can find the best deals, I can read reviews on products, I can order shoes while I work, I can buy Father's Day presents without hauling the kids to the mall... very easy to set my son in front of the computer and let him choose between two gifts - he picked out daddy's watch for Christmas, and then went and told daddy he just bought him a watch. AB thought he was making it all up. Surprise when on Christmas morning he did actually have a watch that Leif knew ALL about from the computer.

And then I can also find things like a dog.

For the last year or so AB and I have toyed with getting a Belgian Shepherd puppy. We have our Win-dog who is fabulouso. But she is getting old. Nine years old last month. That's 63 in dog years.

She loves to play with the neighborhood dogs, especially Lucy (a Great Pyrenees/Retreiver mix) down the street. Winny has her posse of doggy playmates on our evening walks. But she could really use a young dog to exercise her legs and keep her from getting too old and sedentary.

Then "we" (read *I*) went and got a cat last fall instead of a puppy. Winny and Lucky are to the point that they play, they sleep together, they race around the house, then they sleep together again.

But Winny really wants a dog.

We all would like another dog really. But mommy and daddy don't "really" want a puppy. Especially now that my kitten isn't so much of a kitten anymore and my baby is now a toddler. We are ready for a little break with live baby things

I made my way to a Belgian Shepherd Rescue pages like I do every couple of months. Just to see what is there...

Lo and behold there were a few dogs there. (There never are, people who get Belgian's don't give them up easily since they are rare and usually expensive as hell.)

There was Tinga.

"Tinga is a lovely 1 ½ - 2 year old from Central California. She’s house- and crate-trained, enjoys grooming, and travels well. Her foster family says she’s calm, oh-so-sweet and eager to please. She gets along well with other dogs and cats. Tinga especially loves to be invited onto the couch for some snuggly TV time! This sweetheart will be spayed later this month and available for adoption mid month."

And the fact that she looks *just* like Winny doesn't help either.

I phoned AB expecting him to reign me in with a quick "no".

But he didn't.

I have an inquiry out.

Sigh... time to close my browser before I get myself into anymore trouble.

No comments: