Sunday, June 22, 2008

My husband rocks

My friend, V, on Mother's Day shared with the rest of us a book one of her coworkers got her called "P0rn for Wives". (I was going to find this book and provide a link, but very quickly realized what exactly would result from such a search. I covered my eyes quick and scrambled for the back button.)

Anyways, the book was hilarious. Male models, scantily clad with liners like, "I just vacuumed the floor". We all laughed, but there were a few that reminded me what a wonderful husband I have. See I hate the vacuum. I get foot massages whenever he is in front of the TV. And then there are evenings like Friday night when I walked in the door that are almost verbatim out of "the book".

"Hi honey, come sit down, I made you smoked venison medallions on a chanterelle mushroom and wild boar bacon ragout with garlic mashed Yukon gold potatoes with a boar bacon gravy. And I was thinking this 1998 Sandhill Cabernet Sauvignon will go well, do you mind if we open it?"

Love him.

No comments: