Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm going on a trip...

(Those of you with kids Leif's age can now continue singing the Little Einsteins theme song.)

Done now?

I am going on a trip where Little Einsteins don't exist!

For a whole weekend in August!

The girl's weekend to Steamboat Springs is officially booked.

I kept finding good airfare for departing on Friday and returning Monday. But that would require first that my husband take time off Monday morning to get the kids into daycare/preschool. It would require my host to take an extra day off to get me to the airport (yes, I could take a bus or taxi I am sure if she had to work). But the biggy was it would be three nights away from my kids.

Wasn't sure I could do this. Two nights I can do. AB can do - he can suffer two sleepless nights on a weekend IF it went that way. Which it won't. Both kids will go to bed on time and sleep through the night. But three nights was going to be tough.

I did my every couple days or so check of airfare and yesterday the flight back on Sunday had dropped to the acceptable range. I took a slightly ($23) more expensive flight back on Sunday though just so I didn't have to leave at 8am. I will fly out of here Friday at the crack of dawn and arrive in Steamboat at about 1pm where VargasGirl will fetch me at the airport. Then I fly home on Sunday and should walk in the door just in time to rescue my husband and let him cook a wonderful dinner to welcome me home.

Shopping... spa time... Strawberry Park Hot Springs (which should not be discussed with my husband lest insane jealousy set in)... the mountains... wine with the girls...

Should rejuvenate me.

And I will not complain at all about being abandoned with the kids in Alaska in favor of golf outtings and fishing charters!

No comments: