Sunday, June 04, 2006

A taste of my week

Grandma: What are you going to do while I am at my luncheon in Spokane?

NM: Go to the mall and walk around, go to the Riverfront park.

Grandma: What are you getting at the mall?

NM: Well I need new shampoo.

Grandma: You can't get shampoo here?

NM: Yes, well I can, but it is all the way across town in an area I don't go regularly, and we will be at the mall and they have an Aveda shop at the mall, so I will get it there.

Grandma: What kind of shampoo do you use?

NM: Aveda's Rosemary Mint shampoo.

Grandma: Oh yes, my sister Bonnie used to use that shampoo.

NM: Did she?

Grandma: Yes, but she just got hers at Walgreens.

NM: Well it isn't the same then.

Grandma: Yes it is, I remember it and she bought it at Walgreens.

NM: No, they only sell it in the salon.

Grandma: No, they sell it at Walgreens, I went with her to buy it 20 years ago when I was in San Francisco.

NM: Well Aveda didn't have Rosemary Mint shampoo 20 years ago and I am not sure they even existed 20 years ago.

Grandma: Yes they did, I remember.

NM: Are you sure it wasn't Aveeno shampoo?

Grandma: Yes, I know Aveeno and it wasn't, it was the one you said.

NM: Hmmm.

Grandma: What you don't believe me? You think I am getting old and losing my mind?

NM: Ok, fine, so maybe they did have it and maybe Bonnie used it back then.

Grandma: They did.

NM: (silence)

Grandma: Do you want to go to Walgreens?

NM: No, they won't have it.

Grandma: Yes they will. I will bet you a quarter.

NM: (looking around for a quarter...)

Grandma: I saw a Walgreens down the street.

NM: Yes, there is one. Did you need to go to Walgreens?

Grandma: Oh no.

NM: (silence)

Grandma: Well you don't need to get snippy with me.

No comments: