Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sleep good, drop off bad

Leif was out of the tub last night at 7:35pm and down fast asleep about 15 minutes later. And wake up this morning was nearly 6am. The kid has been eating like a horse and apparently needs more sleep than he was getting. Growth spurt?

You know the daycare drop offs aren't going well when you get an e-mail from a coworker saying, "When I dropped off A at 9am, Leif was having a little better day than yesterday". And I hadn't told her that yesterday was particularly bad... Yes, when another parent e-mails to reassure you unsolicited, while it is supposed to be good, it doesn't always come off so.

We walked in the room and Leif immediately started with the no ways. I chatted with a friend outside the room once I pulled myself away from Leif. After I few minutes I was happy to hear that the Leif screams were no longer.

I got Leif signed up for TumbleBus this morning and was happy I did. They moved TumbleBus day to Tuesday instead of Monday. So since I wasn't a slacker in getting his permission slip turned in, he got to go tumble this morning! I can't wait to hear how it went.

-----------------------

Father's Day is Sunday. This year with AB layed off, we have reigned ourselves in a little bit since we are unsure what the future holds. AB did get what he considers to be the best present though, sailing lessons twice a week through Parks and Rec. He is so excited to start. I picked up a couple other things... which I would normally post here, but since he reads on occasion I won't. This year has been particularly bad for keeping presents a secret. The sailing lessons couldn't be a secret. Then there was the Star Wars episodes 4-6 on DVD that were mistakingly left out on the counter. I am blaming grandma, she was supposed to put them under "her bed", in fact, I saw her start off in that direction with them. Then there is the still somewhat mysterious box that arrived in the mail from "Saltworks"... *sigh*

Someday, Father's Day will be a complete surprise!

This weekend will be the inaugural camping trip of the year. I can't talk about last year's camping trip per AB's request to "let's just forget it, please". (Stomach flu, tent, Father's Day... that's all I will say.) We are crossing our fingers that this trip to Mount Rainier will put the last camping trip completely out of mind. We have a few hikes with the kids, investigations of local hot springs planned and car camping our style... wine, great food, air mattress, big tent and between the 4 of us, all the amenities one could want. (Except of course for a shower, and no AB, hot springs are not better than a shower.)

No comments: