Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just your typical day

Miss Pink just kills me. She did wear grey today, but those fingernails! LONG and hot pink. Ok, so telecon got a little boring today. 33 pages of presentations from one person. While I would have liked to be doing something else during this time, my PM saves me a seat beside him since I have a laptop. That way he can see the presentations as needed on a computer screen instead of his crappy print-outs. So, alas, I can’t really sit and do other things. Miss Pink on the other hand is a doodler. I used to be a doodler too. So given this I am more interested in what exactly she is doodling. Something elaborate, weirdly shaped, OMG is that a point sticking out there? It is looking quite, umm… phallic with those ridges near the end! Oh wait. No, no… she is looking at something next to me as she draws. Eyes up and back down and doodle, up down doodle. What is she drawing? (She obviously sucks at drawing since I couldn’t figure it out…) I scan around me, in front of me and then I see it! She is drawing our PM’s cell phone. (The sticky outty thing was the antenna.) Just weird.

AB “gets” to go in the water tomorrow night at sailing. He calls me and tells me that they will be capsizing and recovering the boats! And he says it with such gusto and enthusiasm. Sounds like so much fun… gee darn I don’t get to go. (If I was speaking you would note no enthusiasm whatsoever with tipping boats over.) Nope, instead C is coming over to visit Leif and I and then V is bringing over burritos after she finishes wine tasting (but not swallowing the wine). I would have such a problem with that. I have decided my role in the wine industry is best suited as a consumer.

My annoyance level has been high today. First there is contracts, still dealing with them. Then there is the dope in the conference room behind me who repeatedly tried to use the door to my office to get out, ripping the picture Leif painted me, despite the sign I put on there in 90 point font that says “NOT AN EXIT”. Then there is the vendor who will not return my call and apparently they are the only ones in the US who produce this particular detector. Then there is the A/C tech who was doing his routine maintenance of our heating and air conditioning units last night and “forgot” to put the fuse to the A/C unit back in. Do you know how much whining can come out of one Alaskan husband when the heat hits 80F? Ok, I must apparently be an honorary Alaskan, I was the one who pointed out that it was 81F in the house and wtf is up with that?

AB worked on the patio project since the lake is gone today. I am getting really anxious to have a big concrete patio and not a mud pile. We are about a week behind with the project thanks to the recent downpours. So I figure with the 4th of July weekend coming up there is no way I will have my patio before mid-July. *sigh* Oh well.

No idea still on what we are doing for the 4th. We had a great last year over on the coast at my in laws cabin. But after camping this weekend, my leaving for Reno this weekend, the thought of driving 5 hours each way just makes me exhausted. Who knows. Maybe we will though.

No comments: