Thursday, June 15, 2006

File this one under...

funny now with potentially embarrassing ramifications later.

Leif is learning what a "toot" is, which I prefer to use over the word "fart". I hate that word. Last night we were in the kitchen when AB "toots". He gets the typical eyeroll from me. But Leif's face lights up, he cracks up laughing and just starts howling "DADDY toot!" like it is the funniest thing EVER.

Well unfortunately for AB his gaseous episodes continue throughout the evening, courtesy of the canned chili he ate for lunch? Gag. This also meant that the comic relief from AB's MiniMe was also nonstop. And no, he can't just acknowledge "daddy toot", he has the full on, little boy, bust up laughing until you have tears rolling down your cheeks, gasp for air and squeal "DADDY toot!" down pat.

Apparently this is something I missed out on as a little girl, the world where farts are actually funny. Now I get to "enjoy" them from a whole new perspective. As the mom of a little boy. And yes, I have heard all the stories about what you can "do" with farts, courtesy of my husband... lighters will remain hidden until my children are 30.

No comments: