Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I have become a lizard

Nearly most of my life I have despised the heat. The sweltering, heavy, heat. I always liked it cold and snowy. Something has changed.

Yesterday I walked out of my cool, air-conditioned building at 5:30pm. The warm sun felt so good on my arms as I soaked it up walking across the black top parking lot to my car. I got in, turned on my car and looked at the dashboard for the outdoor temperature readout... 100F. That was probably 2-3 degrees hot, I would expect 97-98F was probably the correct temp.

Wow have things changed. Is this part of getting old? Is this why old people move to Florida and Arizona because the heat affects them less? Or is it just that my body knows that with the heat comes the fruit and vegetables. The cherries, nectarines, tomatoes, sweet onions...

Summer has arrived like a lion. It was in the 70's last week, which according to AB is perfect. Monday the lion arrived and it is roaring.

And I am loving it. What has happened to me?

No comments: