Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Back to loving the morning runs

I did it! I got up this morning at about 5:30am and headed out for my run. I had decided to start running at work over lunch, but it just wasn’t working for me. First off, I hate showering at work. There are a couple showers around, but I really don’t want to use them. (Ick factor and convenience factor.) So that limited me to running on days when I didn’t have meetings in the afternoon. Well right there, that ruled out about half my days. Then I was just finding it far too easy to just sit here and work instead of change clothes and head outside.

But I *have* to get my body back in shape. I am really unhappy with my weight right now. I have said for ages that 6am is a good wake up time for me. I just can’t do earlier. Well I gave it a shot this morning and I lived! The sun is well up at 5:30am, which kicks my body into gear. It was cool out (which I need) and my dog was thrilled. We headed out and ran for nearly 2 miles solid. The sun was shining, the air was cool and crisp, it was quiet. It couldn’t have been better.

I walked quietly back into the house pleased to see that AB was still in bed, which meant Leif was also still asleep. I layed down on the floor and did 50 situps (a far cry from my pre-pregnancy 150, but I will get there) and then 10 push ups. About then I heard Leif whining to get up. Perfect timing!

I am even looking forward to going tomorrow morning! The only thing that can stop me now is Leif waking up before his now routine wake up time of 6:20am (thank you, thank you, thank you).

No comments: