Thursday, January 12, 2006

One Great Company and One Sucky Company

XM Radio. Love it. I cannot sing praise enough, and well, you wouldn't want to hear me try to sing anyways. I have 8 channels programmed, well 9, but that last one is for my news obsessed husband so that he doesn't mess everything up trying to find the news. Number 9, it's yours AB.

Just in the last 24 hours I was privy to hearing Boomtown Rats (ok, at least 8 years since I last heard them), Joe Jackson (still have not replaced the cd that was stolen out of my car), Social Distortion (another cd that wasn't replaced after the break-in) English Beat... Oh yeah, I was complaining about The 80's previously? It's that no radio station here plays "the right" 80's. I am digging on the new music too, it isn't all reminiscing. The newest Soul Coughing sounded awfully good.

-----------------

Sallie Mae topped my shit list yesterday. Somehow I got to thinking about the fact that I never received my new coupon payment book from them back in November. Then it was "oh shit, that means I haven't PAID my student loan since the end of October!" I panicked and went to their website where I finally retrieved my login and password that I created 3 years ago when I consolidated my loans. The e-mail they had for me was my old, never checked e-mail from 3 years ago. Turns out that IF they have an e-mail address on file for you, then you would no longer receive coupon books and it would be online notification.

Great, as long as that e-mail address is still in use. I never check that e-mail account. Gurrr... I still cannot believe that I had two outstanding payments (coincidentally when my coupon book finished) and no one even called or mailed something to my house to see what was going on. Oh I am sure they contacted the credit agencies though. Gurrr... goodbye excellent credit rating.

No comments: