Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday night

(Scroll down for the meme tag to the next post.)

Which means sci-fi Friday in our house. AB is recording sci-fi on Tivo (still loving that) and watching some movie he rented. And well, here I am.

This weekend is looking frighteningly busy. I get tired just looking at the list. It started with a quick visit to K&V's house for a webcam op with an online friend of mine. I had a great time seeing and chatting with Amy while V worked at solving her webcam problems. Amy and I met on a Delphi wedding board about 6.5 years ago and survived, with a few others, boards that were shut down, boards that spontaneously combusted, etc. In this online community there are about 20 or so of us who over the years have become quite close. We have seen marriages, kids born, moves, etc. We all talk nearly daily. The community recently became private because it just isn't fair to a new person to bring them in. It is difficult to fall into a groove with a close knit group of people. It is also difficult to explain these friendships, I call them all good friends, yet have only met maybe a third (at best) the women in person.

Ramble, ramble, ramble. So AB got Leif down to sleep, we ordered pizza and sci-fi is on. Leif and I have swimming lessons tomorrow which for some reason I cannot keep at the forefront of my memory. Tomorrow, 9:15am, we need to be in the car on our way. After that it is a trip to the grocery store for food for our dinner party. We are having 5 people over tomorrow night for crab cakes and clam chowder. (And a few other things that are yet to be confirmed.) In order to really be prepared for this, the food may be only halfway done, but the Christmas tree must.come.down. I am particularly anal about getting stuff packed up. AB? Not so much and likes to torment me with talk of "wouldn't it be a lot easier just to leave stuff up until next year". Watch me twitch.

Sunday is AB's birthday. I am a little irked because one of his gifts has not arrived. To top it off it has been sitting in town since yesterday morning according to the tracking. Gurr... That's ok I guess, his other three gifts are here and ready to be wrapped. AB will get a birthday massage (that he is already talking about so as I don't forget I suppose). I really need to run out with Leif and get him new shoes, the kid is a weed. And while out and about getting an ish is imperative. I had to drag him crying from the ish tank at school today. Yes, pick your battles... spending the night in front of the ish at school, not an option. AB has yet to tell me what I shall cook for his birthday dinner (my guess is that he will BBQ steaks, which conveniently takes me off the hook save for side dishes).

So, busy weekend yes? How about yours?

No comments: