Friday, January 27, 2006

How is it Friday?

How can it possibly be Friday? Not only that, but Friday afternoon? Not that I am complaining, but yikes this week flew by.

I am tired, I need a weekend. I have a proposal I should really finish up this afternoon, as well as a few experiments I should get on top of. This is seeming like an either or proposition this afternoon and the proposal will win hands down.

I just got back from lunch with some women in my division. We have a once monthly "girl's lunch". I am the one that organizes this typically with encouragement from others. Some months we have 14 people and some, like today, 4 of us show up when 14 RSVP'd. Being the anal analytical that I am, this in itself makes me not want to organize it anymore. I feel like an idiot when I show up at a restaurant and request a table for 14 and only 3 other people show. I think it is time for me to hand this task off to someone else.

We don't have much planned for this weekend. Leif and I have swimming. AB has to work much of the weekend (damn month end). I would like to get a print we bought in Alaska in to be framed, along with one we need reframed. The dog needs walked, in a bad way. Other than that, not much.

Poor Winny. I remember just a mere 2 years ago saying that nothing would keep me from getting out twice a day with her. Now I get out twice a week. I remember chastizing dog owners whose dogs were destructive but had no idea what to do with them, but would not get them out for walks. Lucky for me, my dog is not destructive, but she SO needs her walks. What has happened to my free time?

Leif is showing no real signs of getting up later than 6:15am, ever. Which means morning walks are out. Evening walks, AB is in class a few nights a week, I have to get dinner on the table and do everything else (pick up the kitchen post dinner, Leif a bath and bed, make Leif's lunch and coffee for the next day). By the time I sit down it is 8:30pm. Sure, on the nights AB is home I could go take her then. Or I could continue to sit on the couch. Poor Winny.

I keep telling myself this situation will improve when it starts getting lighter in the evenings. Already it is only dusky at 5pm and not pitch black for our drive home. The day IS coming. Things will be better then, or so I tell myself. Leif and I can take Winny for a quick walk when we get home and then go cook dinner. Until then... sorry Win girl. And sorry to anyone who I told to go walk your dog not understanding the constraints on your time.

No comments: