Friday, January 06, 2006

Cannot sit still

That would be me this time, not Leif. I just got out of a super boring meeting, reitterating everything I already knew about a proposal call from one of my division's main clients that will be coming out. *I* could have given that presentation more effectively... I left and hurried (or tried to hurry - I rode with others who stood around chatting after the fact) back here so that I could call one of the client managers here. I have the bomb of an idea. It is killing me. I need to bounce it off someone! The setup is amazingly simple and a freakishly easy concept (at least for someone with my grad school training). Yet I am 95% sure that this hasn't been considered in the past, especially given that I am an oddity in this division. Nuclear physicists just don't do surface science and vice versa, except well, me.

So while I am waiting for the client manager to call me back and before my mentor meeting in 30 minutes I will blog. Today is Friday, yay! It is long overdue to get the Christmas decorations down, that is the task for tomorrow. Winny has been ultra-abused this week with a serious lack of walks thanks to Leif's early waking time all week. So we need to get her out for a walk. I also must, must finish the book for my book club meeting on Tuesday (The Sparrow - which I am rather enjoying).

I signed Leif and I up for parent-tot swimming classes for the month of January and I am looking forward to that Saturday morning. With Leif's current love of the water, I think he will really enjoy it and get more out of it than he has in the past. I worry a little about his lack of fear of the water and his desire to never again be contained, but I think we will get through it.

Saturday night AB and I have dinner reservations that I am *so* looking forward to. The neighbor girl is babysitting Leif while AB and I drop $100 or so on a seafood dinner not cooked by us and thus not requiring kitchen clean up. Yippee!

Sunday is my birthday so I will probably cook something. AB will probably get an ice cream cake like he does every year (per my request). I will be 34 on Sunday. How is that even possible? I bought some clothes online the other day with a little of the leftover birthday money my mom sent. Most of which went to purchase the buffet, but I had a little leftover to buy some things on sale. I needed tops badly and found a few.

Enough rambling I suppose. My meeting begins in 15 minutes with my mentor. I think I will bounce my idea off of him and see what he thinks. Have a super weekend everyone!

No comments: