Monday, March 31, 2008

I didn't pump today

It is really rather bittersweet to me. I am not tied to my pump, expressing meals for my daughter at 10am and 3pm everyday. I have freedom.

On the flip side, my daughter doesn't need my milk anymore.

I am quite lucky that I have never had any major problems breastfeeding. A little hurdle to start with when Skadi was a newborn because she was starving hungry, the drop or two of colostrum I was producing was not enough for her. She was a hungry baby. And my milk hadn't come in. Once my milk came in she transitioned off formula and was a happy baby after that.

I was able to pump her every meal for her that I was away from her, like I did for her brother.

I actually enjoyed pumping for the most part. It was a time when I could tune out, shut my door and just exist. I enjoyed the time and really only had one or two rude people pounding on my door who "needed" to talk right then.

Skadi is still quite attached to nursing and I am fine with that. Leif self weaned at about 13.5 months and that worked for me. We will see when Skadi bores of nursing. She is a touch more mama attached than Leif ever was, I wouldn't be surprised if she nurses longer.

I am in no hurry.

No comments: