Tuesday, March 04, 2008

House status

I really love that house. I really do.

And even though my husband took the initiative today and called to schedule a carpet cleaning, and I scheduled a meeting with a financial advisor, we think we are going to let it slide.

See here's the problem... right now (and ignoring two upcoming family visits where a guest room would be nice) our house is fine. I still love my pergola. I am looking forward to growing pumpkins and eating fresh nectarines. I still love my orange kitchen - even if my cupboards don't have pull outs and are over crowded.

Yeah, it's only three bedrooms, and 95% of the year, that is fine. Our garage is cramped. The pantry is a disaster area that is impossible to organize because of the deep dark depths. And to top it off we have an apartment building looming behind us.

I like my big huge tub that I can easily fit into with the kids. I like my library and the decorating in the kids rooms.

And I love my pergola and patio. (Thanks AB and everyone else who helped pour concrete.)

I like having money. This may sound obvious... but after a year of AB being unemployed and in school, a year where we slid into debt while gambling on our future, it is paying off. We have made substantial gains in the past 6 months of permanent employment to better our financial situation. I like the fact that we have plans to go to Hawaii with my mom and stepdad this year... and that we will be able to pay cash for the trip.

I like knowing that every month we can easily make ends meet.

I am enjoying my monthly goals lined out to improve the house little by little, purge things and prepare for a move. A move that in one year, we will be monetarily ready to make. We will be able to afford to make.

I still love that house. But for now it is a little too far out of our reach.

No comments: