Friday, March 07, 2008

The problem with wireless... and children

I sat down at the computer this evening while AB was putting Leif to bed. I excitedly went to scroll through a friend's (from high school) blog link that she e-mailed me, I became engrossed in her pictures of her gorgeous little girl a few months older than Skadi.

Then I decided to type a note back. I pulled out the keyboard shelf and my fingers hit wood.

The keyboard was gone.

Now that it is about a half hour later, and I found the keyboard (my house is a disaster again already because we had carpets cleaned today and EVERYTHING is still out of place).

So one reason why wireless sucks.

-------------

Tonight has been a tough night. We decided to venture out to dinner... to Round Table down the street, given the disarray of the house. Just bad bad idea.

I don't know if it was the video game room or the hyped up atmosphere. It was meltdown city for both kids and not long before I went and got a box for the food and we hauled two crying kids and a half eaten pizza out.

As I was leaving an older woman was commenting to her friend, "I remember times like that with two little kids, we just didn't go out" in an unmistakably loud whisper.

Yeah well... apparently you were smarter.

No comments: