Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Surprise, remember us?

So last summer, AB hadn't found a permanent job, my job was less then enthusing and so I sent out a few resumes. Then AB found a good job, my job started looking up and we went on our merry way. Then we decided we are lifers here... or at least until our kids graduate from high school and we have enough socked away to retire early.

Today someone AB works with told him about a job in Southeast Alaska he could get on with, with the current company. An "easy" transfer. Hmmm... intriguing.

Then this evening I got an e-mail from one of the big companies in a big pretty city letting me know that the job I was in consideration for was cancelled because the project was not funded. Funny. I hadn't known I was even in consideration, I figured they filed my resume in the garbage. They encouraged me to stay in contact with the company for future opportunities. Hmmm... intriguing.

Which then raises the question of how serious are we when we say we aren't moving from here. Yeah... not very. The right opportunity could flip the table.

No comments: