Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wednesday

My horrible Wednesday isn't so horrible today. We finished teleconference early today. My collaborators on the clients end were amazingly brief. We usually talk forever. I suspect that they are starting work with one of their clients on introducing the technology to them. They are under no obligation to tell us anything at this point and my inclusion in the project now is simply advisory when it comes down to it, although I still do a fair amount of data analysis for them.

This afternoon I (along with V and another person) get to talk to a new career development class about our experience as mentees. I think that will be fun. I don't mind so much talking to groups of people, especially on a topic I enjoy. My biggest challenge is to not dwell on the fact that things initially sucked so bad here that I felt that I NEEDED a mentor bad. And that is why I loved the program. We will just gloss over that fact.

This week is kind of blah-ish. I have lots of meetings and such on my schedule, but nothing that is on a very pressing time schedule.

I sent out an e-mail a few minutes ago inquiring (tactfully I hope) about a potential student position for AB. It is with my good project manager... potentially. I adore him. He is a super guy, an amiable amiable. So I KNOW that he isn't going to get offended that I asked, or lash back at me asking why I would be so presumptuous or forward about it. I know that he has been extremely happy with my performance on the project and has made sure my manager knows this. Still I find it somewhat uncomfortable to approach him about something more of a personal nature. Mostly because I don't want him to think that he *has* to find AB something or that I am trying to back him into a corner. I tried to leave it as open as possible.

Let's see... I had my first actual conversation with my son yesterday. I always ask him if he had a good day when I pick him up at daycare. Yesterday I was shocked when he answered "yes". I asked him what he did and he told me "go owside". What else did you do, I asked him. "Songs!" he exclaimed. Anything else I prodded, did you read? "Books" he answered. Awww... my little boy is growing up.

Ho hum. A good sign that I should end the post is when I am sitting here looking blankly at screen. Signing off.

No comments: