Sunday, April 09, 2006

A good weekend

Made even better by the glass of Sebastiani Cabernet Sauvignon I am enjoying and after a fantastic dinner of baked rigatoni, bruschetta and salad. Mmmm!

Saturday Leif and I got up... ok, Leif woke me up at 6:15am courtesy (I believe) of the time change last weekend. 6 nights later and Leif is rising at 6:15am consistently. (Crossing my fingers) I can deal with 6:15am. 6:30am would be ideal so I could get out for my run at 6am. But beggers can't be choosers!

It rained most of the day Saturday. Leif and I went to swimming class and he had a spectacular time. He was following directions well, kicking and blowing bubbles. Then we played in the water after the classes for a little while. The only drawback was that this month's class was absolutely huge and it made it difficult to move around in the circle.

Saturday afternoon we went to Target where I did my Easter bunny shopping (with much success) and then onto the grocery store for a small trip to stock up.

Today we got an amazing amount accomplished. To be honest, it was about 4 weekends worth of work I estimate given AB's current class status. We got the garden cleaned out, the side gardens cleaned, weeds pulled, old garden fabric pulled up. Yard trash from nearly two years ago that was in bins was bagged and hauled to the park where the city was collecting spring cleaning trash. AB hauled two loads in my 4Runner. Wow. The yard looks, well, acceptable! Once the lawn greens up, I get the garden in and start doing some more planting along the back fence (that I have sworn I would do for the last two summers), it will look even better.

The other big thing we got done was while Leif was napping we put together his climber. It went together surprisingly easy and Leif LOVES it. I can't say it enough. He LOVES it. He spent the entire afternoon outside sliding and climbing. He is a touch young for it, but that is good. he will grow into it and hopefully use it for a long time. He struggles to climb the rock wall to the top, hasn't even attempted the ladder side or the cargo net side (I don't think he realizes they can be used to get to the top). Then he goes down the slide (in the lower position) both forward facing and on his tummy and with his crawl through tube at the bottom.

I was feeling bliss as I sat in a chair, on my patio, glass of wine in my hand and magazine in the other as I watched him go up and down and then hide underneath in the "clubhouse". There was only one time I jumped up... when Leif stood at the one open area and started counting, "two, two THREE!" I knew that at that point he planned on sending his body propelling off the platform. I caught him, we marched in and got the duct tape and blocked that off. Then I returned to my glass of Reisling and my magazine. Bliss.

Leif and AB are wrestling in the "formal dining room" (aka playroom). 15 minutes until bathtime, then ba ba and storytime and then bed for the little boy. After that AB and I will hunker down in front of the TV with our glasses of wine to watch Sopranos and Big Love. I am loving Big Love - maybe even more than Sopranos this season.

No comments: