Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The typical evening in Leif's life

We are leaving class now, "bye bye"! (I scream this as loud as I can to everyone who is deserving.)

I run at the speed of light to the train table and uncover it. After 5 minutes of playing mommy offers up the magic word I have been waiting for, snacks! (Gummy fruit chews.) I cover the table back up with the sheet and attempt a few more plays with the sheet over my head.

My feet start moving but we are beckoned by the fish, gerbil, frog and parakeet calling my name from the kindergarten room. 5 minutes later Mommy insists I say bye bye to each one. They are deaf so I scream it at the top of my lungs.

I run out of the school with mommy chasing after. Always stand on the curb and count before jumping off... "two, two, three!"

Long boring ride home, but I am rewarded with snacks!

We get out of the car in the garage, let Winwee out with us and we walk across the street to the mailbox. Mommy tries to get me to walk with one arm up over my head, I don't understand this, but if I don't, she carries me. Let my wacky mother hold my arm up above my head to cross the street.

The mailbox... attempt to open every single mailbox while mommy does the one with the key. Open and shut the big box 14 times. Walk back across the street with my arm over my head.

"Wawa!!" I have to make sure that mom knows we need to water the new cedar so it doesn't perish like the last one. I water it very well and wait until Winwee has done her job in diverting mommy's attention so I can water my knees and feet. When she thinks we are done, I do my best to try and spray her in an effort to prove we are not actually done. Now the flowers need wawa.

Spontaneously the wawa turns off. I look around. There she is! That mommy of mine over at that valve! I run to it screaming whereby she scoops me up and we go inside to listen to who is talking on the counter.

"Owside" Winwe wants to go owside and I must accompany her. There are many toys owside. Among my favorites is the doggy doo shovel. (Daddy says he can't wait until I really know how to use it... I practice everyday.) The other favorite is the big red thing that shoots fire out of the end. When I pick this up off the thing called the BBQ'er I can guarantee that mommy will chase me and then go in and call daddy to tell him how savvy I am at finding this object that she thinks needs to be stashed away in some drawer. This only encourages my curiousity.

Finally mommy makes me come in and watch a mowee while she fixes dinner. I like Nemo the best, then after that I like Dory, then Nemo again. But we don't always get to watch Nemo and sometimes mommy insists we watch Baby Einstein or Teletubbies. I know she really likes them and so I give in.

Dinner time! If it comes from a can I KNOW it will be yummy. If mommy spent more than 5 minutes in the kitchen I know it will be awful and can make the worst faces when prompted.

After dinner we have some time to read stories or play with blocks or puzzles. The crayons have disappeared for some reason. Personally I liked my wall art, daddy notsomuch I guess. My favorite is stories and we read all my favorite books; Bumble, Bee Bo, Elmo, Bears and Open the Barn Door.

I have a new and fun way to read Open the Barn Door. I had the book memorized from front to back, but now I like to scream EIEIO when we open the doors. Mommy and daddy think this is really funny and they talk about how smart I am!

Bathtime finally! If I feel like it, I sit on the potty. And I may or may not go. I just want to keep everyone guessing. But I know once I get in the tub I can go there. We have a great time in the bath, we blow bubbles, we pour water. My biggest challenge is how to get the most water outside the tub. And bonus points if it lands on her or daddy. I am faster than lightening mommy says.

We get out and I make a bolt for it. I see how far and fast I can run while nakey. Finally I am captured, tortured and bound. (Or what mommy and daddy call diaper and pajamas.) I go to the kitchen where I get three of the four things needed to make my baba. Hand them to mommy so she can put milk in it and make it warm. She keeps telling me my days with baba are numbered. I don't believe her.

We snuggle in the chair in my room with my blankey and baba. We read my favorite bedtime books, The Going to Bed Book, Kiss Goodnight and Mimi. We read Mimi over and over. Finally mommy or daddy puts me in bed and I force them to recite Mimi or else I scream.

Sweet dreams Leif, sweet dreams all night!

No comments: