Thursday, March 16, 2006

More Leifisms

He just cracks me up. Here are a few recent ones.

ABC Bears

One of Leif's favorite books is Alaska's ABC Bears (I can't find it on Amazon, must be a regional thing). My MIL picked this up for him and he is obsessed with the bears. He listens patiently until we get to "I, Itchy Bear", then he likes to squeal "itsy"! Quiet through "J", but "K, Kissing Bears" prompts him to flip around and plant a big kiss on my lips. Love that. Silence until "M, Many Bears" then the roaring starts! I haven't quite figured out why he doesn't "roar" until M yet. (The roars continue on every page from here on out.)

Then his favorite page is "U". Any guesses?

"Upside Down Bear" of course! Seeing a bear stand on his head is evidently the funniest thing ever!

A Daddy Obsession

Leif is really obsessed with daddy right now. Now it is still me that he wants most of the time, but evidently I am incapable of doing certain things that only daddy can do. For example, opening his string cheese. I retrieve from the fridge an individual string cheese serving. If AB is home I don't DARE try to open it. If I do there are many squeals as he tries to grab it away from me. Hand it to him and off he tears, "daddddyyyyyy" and hands HIM the cheese to open. AB loves this since fine dexterity is not his forte... peeling apart two wrapping layers takes him some time (and much frustration). But for his son, he will do anything.

(If you want to really send AB reeling, send him to the store to get produce... those bags are the bane of his existance.)

This morning I got my giggles in. Baby DaVinci is playing and we are on "mouth". There is a real hippo in a pond yawning. Leif perks up, points to the TV and squeals, "DADDY!" I thought it was hi-larious! AB notsomuch.

Counting

We have been working on counting to three. We count before we are doing something (jumping off the curb to go get the mail across the street, being lifted into the chair for meals...). Leif is really picking this up quickly and has started counting himself without us, when he does things. I am learning though that while he is getting the concept of saying something three times and doing an action on the third, what he is saying doesn't mean a whole lot yet.

Leif counting, "two two THREE!" One has gotten lost somewhere. Where, I am not sure. That's OK, who needs "one"!

No comments: